As a bodybuilder you’re probably looking for ways to block estrogens on your system, due to the amount of testosterone generated by your lifestyle. Estrogen blockers help prevent gynecomastia, or the dramatic inflammation of the male breast. Of course there is ways to stop and prevent this from happening, by using simply the right products out there, which we will discuss in a bit.
Why should you block estrogens?
High amounts of the female sex hormone estrogen in your system will not do any good to your body and will change your body inside out. Us men today have a very high amount of estrogen in our blood because of certain chemicals in our environment that mimic the female sex hormone estrogen. Keep in mind that we all need a certain level of estrogens, but too much estrogen will suppress our testosterone production and cause female effects inside the male body.
The most common symptoms in men with high levels of estrogens:
- Enlargement of the male breast tissue
- Dysfunction in your sexual activity (bye bye morning erections)
- Lower urinary tract
- Increased abdominal fat
- Feeling exhausted all the time
- Loss of muscle mass (of course you don’t want this!)
- Emotional disturbances, especially depression
- Type 2 diabetes
How to know if you need an estrogen blocker?
Body builders workout produce both testosterone and estrogen hormones. The testosterone is usually produced during a workout and then the estrogen is produced afterwards to balance out your hormone levels. For this reason, if you block and lower your estrogen levels dramatically, then the body would continue producing testosterone. This increase of testosterone can actually increase the body’s ability to produce larger firm muscles.
Testosterone is the sole hormone responsible with muscular development. You just have to utilize all of that testosterone and use it to build up your muscles. If you are not someone who works out a lot, this is not a problem for you. If you are someone who absolutely loves their body and wants to get the most out of it, then you need to get yourself some estrogen blockers and block off all of that estrogen being produced.
Precautions of taking estrogen blockers:
Professionals don’t recommend taking ant estrogen blockers if you’re under the age of eighteen. During the adolescent years of men, they need the testosterone to increase their hormonal functions. It actually regulates the body’s ability to work and maintain normal function.
As for woman, you need estrogen to continue maintaining your usual hormonal balance. Blocking your estrogen hormones could cause serious damage to your body, and this is something that no one wants to have happen.
Beware, estrogen is everywhere!
Due to the alarming increase in rates of endometriosis, cysts, fibroids and estrogen related cancers, such as breast, ovarian, uterine and prostate cancers, researchers began studying possible causes.
The research results were shocking:
They learned that certain chemicals in the environment exhibit estrogen-like qualities and can send bogus signals to your system. These estrogen hormones are substances or chemical compounds that are foreign to the human body and they mimic the effect of hormones. Then they react like estrogen and hence are called xenoestrogens. When xenoestrogens enter the body, they attach to receptors just like estrogen and disrupt endocrine functions. In addition to causing cancer, these xenoestrogens also interfere with reproductive abilities of various species.
If you have symptoms of estrogen dominance, take note of some of these chemicals to avoid:
- Hormones in the beef, chicken and milk. In order to make cows larger to get more per pound for them, the cattle industry has long been injecting them with testosterone, progesterone and other hormones. It is important to buy hormone and antibiotic free meats, eggs and milk.
- DDT and PCBs have been banned for their estrogen mimicking characteristics. Dr. Mary Wolff at Mt. Sinai, School of Medicine, NY in 1993, found that women with breast cancer had “significantly higher concentrations of DDT in their blood than women without breast cancer.”
- Beware of cosmetics, skin care, lipsticks which may contain lead, cancer causing substances and other toxic substances, like sulfates and parabens. Make sure you do some research on the ingredients of your every day products.
- Pthalates, chemicals used in plasticizers pose ever greater damage because they can leach from plastic containers. Styrofoam trays, plastic toys and even medical supplies can contain Pthalates. Pthalates are proven to cause BPH or prostate enlargement and increased growth of breast cancer cells. Another compound, bisphenol ( BPA) has been found to leach out of the coatings inside aluminum drink cans. BPA causes increased growth of breast cancer cells.
- Heavy metals like cadmium are also considered environmental hormones. Lead and cadmium used in agricultural lands have shown increased endometriosis rates in 3 counties in China.
3 ways to combat estrogen dominance
- Take steps to help rid our bodies of heavy metals. Try Metal Flush, a Chi-Analysis product that cleanses heavy metals from the body.
- For safe skin care products, do some research on the contents and ingredients of each of your daily products to ensure there’s no lead on them.
- More importantly, to combat the effects of this common condition of estrogen dominance, we recommend taking an estrogen blocker that blocks the conversion of other hormones to estrogen.
The Top 5 Best Estrogen Blockers for Men
1. TestMax 1000 Best Testosterone Booster for Men and Women
This is probably the most potent natural estrogen clocker and testosterone booster. Every testosterone booster promises phenomenal results. But how can you know if these claims are true? TestMax 1000 doesn’t hide their ingredients behind a proprietary blend, they proudly display what is in their product and encourage customers to do their own research. Why? Because we know that the science is on our side. TestMax 1000 is simply the strongest most effective testosterone booster on the market, period.
Test Max Reviews: 4.4 out of 5 stars, 46 reviews
2. ANDROSURGE Estrogen Blocker for Men
ELITE ESTROGEN BLOCKER FOR MEN. Androsurge is the first scientifically-dosed, non-proprietary blend, all-natural estrogen reducing supplement for men. Featuring research-supported ingredients such as grape seed extract and diindolylmethane (DIM) which have been shown in research studies to reduce estrogenic hormone and help boost free testosterone levels naturally.
3. Estroblock PRO TRIPLE STRENGTH
A powerful 564 mg of uniquely blended phytochemical nutrients (to assure the best results. Supports healthy estrogen levels through proper estrogen metabolism.
Benefits in women; toxic weight loss, Balanced Energy, symptoms related to Menopause, fights ACNE, PCOS, symptoms related to PMS, Estrogen Dominance
Benefits in Men; removes toxic weight loss, supports prostate health, Estrogen dominance, supports libido, supports Testosterone production, ACNE
It contains no soy, no stearates, no phosphates, no synthetic derivatives, and no animal products.
Estroblock PRO TRIPLE STRENGTH Reviews: 4.2 out of 5 stars, 459 reviews
4. #1 Muscle Building Stack by Pride Nutrition
Many Customers have reported noticing results almost immediately. No waiting for days or weeks to notice a change. Quickly get the extra energy, strength, endurance & recovery. Lift heavier and go longer. Start adding lean muscle in no time. Boost natural testosterone and decrease estrogen.Many have said their lifts and muscle size improved significantly and has also help reduce body fat and improve recovery times. There have also been numerous reports by a lot of satisfied ladies that their men’s performance has drastically improved.
Powerful Muscle Building Stack is 100% Natural and made from the highest quality ingredients. No filleres added and no side effects.
Muscle Building Stack Reviews: 3.8 out of 5 stars, 35 reviews
5. Extra Strength DIM 250mg for men and women
Health benefits for men – DIM supports healthy hormone levels in men by helping to maintain ideal testosterone levels while optimizing estrogen-testosterone ratios. This can lead to improved lean body mass while promoting a healthy sex drive and helping to boost energy levels. In addition, by supporting a healthy prostate, DIM can also positively affect the normal frequency of nighttime urination in men
Health benefits for women – DIM supports healthy estrogen levels through proper estrogen metabolism and regulation of estrogen production, reducing the overall effects of estrogen in the body. DIM promotes conversion of estrogen to healthy metabolites, leading to a better balance of natural estrogens in your body. DIM can help ease menopause symptoms, minimize the effects of estrogen on your weight, and support overall breast and reproductive health
Extra Strenght DIM 250mg Reviews: 4.6 out of 5 stars, 99 reviews